gsp Thoughts From A Diva: My Grumpa

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

My Grumpa

My Grumpa will be 93 in a couple of months. A few years ago, when he
was 89, he decided to learn how to use the computer.

Ever since then, he has regularly sent us all e-mails. We even set up
an e-group so he only had to send to one address.

Every year, he would tell us about what he planted in the garden and
how the cows were doing.

And he always signed his e-mails "Love, Grumpa".

Two weeks ago, my Grumpa tripped and fell in his garage. He cracked
his hip and had to have 3 pins put in to hold it together.

He never really recovered.

Last night, my mother sent me an IM to let me know they were headed to
Idaho to be with Grumpa. He has been taken to my aunt's house and was
not expected to live the night.

As of 7:10 this morning, he was still holding on, but we do not expect
it to be much longer.


--
drc
http://divajokes.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

At 12/16/2004 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. I wish you and your family all the best... take care, Diva... good luck.... you have my warmest wishes...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home