gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Postings

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Postings

Yes, I am posting again. Pretty light still, but things will start
picking up again.

I find myself with lots to say, but no energy to say it.

Homelife and work are both very draining.

I am getting very frustrated working my butt off every day while the
other half sits and home and bitches about how much money we owe
everyone.

8 years later, and the only thing that has changed is we have both
gained 50 pounds. Damn! Makes me miss the drugs.

Anyway, Christmas is upon us. Barf.

We went to the company Christmas Party on
Saturday. Yes, it was called a "Christmas Party".

They had a prayer (Christian), then served pork (what about the Jewish
people?). It was the most politically incorrect thing I had ever been
to.

Then all week they have been playing Christmas Hymns for us. Maybe if
I brought in some Solstice music they would play it? I doubt it.

I got in trouble the other day for wearing something "too revealing"
to work. Most people thought I looked very nice. Obviously someone
didn't. So now I am watching what I am wearing every day. I feel
like Shirley Partridge today. I am wearing black and white. Barf.

Did I tell you they make me cover my eyebrow piercing? I work at a
call center where no one sees me, but I have to cover the piercing
because someone might be offended. I have been wearing brightly
colored bandaids. Yesterday I wore neon yellow. Today, I am wearing
stars and stripes.

They tell me I have to cover my tattoos also. I haven't done that
yet. I'll have to find some huge ass bandaids for that.

I am still working as a temp. Maybe someday I will be hired in a
permanent position. I did apply for a job running a Goodyear store
the other day. Maybe I will get it and not have to worry about this
place any longer.

It just amazes me that this company is so "Christian". I have never
worked for a company like this before. And maybe they all aren't that
way, but it sure comes across that way.

I understand that the politically correct thing is getting way out of
hand in this world. But if you can't tell off-color jokes just
because someone 3 desks away might hear, then you shouldn't be talking
religion either.

I know I am going to get a lot of crap about the politically correct
thing, but oh well. I really don't give a rats ass.

Eric, you talked about a present for me....HeeHeeHee...How about a
picture of you in full kilt?

Well, I only have 30 minutes left. Guess I should get some work done.
Leave me lots of comments. I kind of miss those.

3 Comments:

At 12/07/2004 10:14 PM , Blogger Michele said...

I remember trying to get a job at a telemarketing place back in Bemidji a few years ago. They required that the women wore skirts or dresses and the guys had to wear ties since they thought that if you were dressed up then you would convey that through the phone or something. Ha!

Sorry to hear that work is draining you and that life in general is quite stressful.

 
At 12/07/2004 11:16 PM , Blogger A BOY & HIS TOY said...

Glad to see you are alive!! -Jason

 
At 12/08/2004 8:13 AM , Blogger Rose said...

I'm glad to see you're back and posting!

I worked for a VERY Christian/Mormon company once. Mormon as in, filled with nepotism and all the family working there and Christmas parties and Easter gatherings and blah blah blah, it was awful.

Anyway, don't let the assholes get you down. Hang in there. Good luck with the management job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home