gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Thanksgiving

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving

Hello People!

I konw it has been a long time since I have written. My job just makes me want to avoid anything that takes brain cells.

But...I am writing this at work. I work in a call center and we are pretty quiet today. I figured it would be since it is the day before Thanksgiving.

The family and I are leaving this afternoon for Northern Minnesota. Going to see Penny and her family. That means great food and lots of alcohol!!!

I have just finished reading Eric's account of his trip to Scotland. I am so jealous! I would love to go see where my ancestors came from. One of my cousins has been doing a lot of researcha nd we are learning more and more about our grandparents.

It seems that I could be a member of the Daughters of the Revolution. I didn't realize our family had been in America so long. He has traced it back to the 1600's. I'm not sure how far back it will go, but that is pretty cool!

I know the other side of the family came to America through Canada in the late 1800's. I don't know how long they were in Canada. There is a huge cemetary in Saskatchewan with our family name on it. Someday, I will make it up there to check it out.

Almost lunch time now. The company has splurged and is serving us turkey sandwiches and pumpkin pie for lunch! Woohoo!! We even got to wear jeans and tennis shoes today! That is an even bigger WOOOOOHOOOO!!

I hate dressing up for work!

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2004 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. I had a blast, babe.... quite a trip.... but, tell me where your relatives came from... I might have a Christmas present for you guys....

all the best..

Eric

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home