gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Liberty Weekend

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Liberty Weekend

The weekend after graduation from boot camp is called Liberty Weekend.  We are allowed off base for the first time as actual sailors.
 
My mom and dad had come down from New York for graduation.  Dad had to continue on to Arizona immediately (they were moving).  But Mom got to stay for the weekend.
 
We had a great time that weekend.  We went to DisneyWorld.  I still have pics somewhere of that trip.  It was a lot of fun.
 
I had on whites since in Florida that is what they always wore.  So when it started to rain, my shirt was soon see-through.  I kept refusing to put something over the top because I would have been out of uniform.
 
Finally, I gave up.  I was freezing and I was tired of trying to stay covered up with no jacket.
 
Mom and I bought matching sweatshirts and wore those the rest of the day.  I gave mine to her when we parted at the end of the day.  No one ever said a word to me.
 
Geez, I was a dolt!  Of course, no one said a word because no one cared!
 
It was a great time because there were very few people at the park.  It was stormy and mid-January.  Mom and I have always been close, but that weekend really brought us closer.
 
Wish I could do it all again.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home