gsp Thoughts From A Diva: My Rant

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Rant

Okay...here is my rant for the day.

My son and one of his fellow Marines were supposed to ride together to the airport on Christmas Eve morning so they both could come home for the holidays. The other Marine was supposed to catch a flight at 6am into Chicago. Then catch another flight into Detroit.

Anthony was flying at 1:20 to Chicago and then flying into LaCrosse. As you all know his trip did not go according to plan, but that is not my bitch.

My complaint is that the first Marine was not allowed to catch his plane because the airline had overbooked his flight and he was bumped from the flight. They told him he couldn't get another flight until December 29.

Excuse me?

Why don't the airlines give preference to military personnel flying home from the holidays? I am so irked about this and I just don't know who to complain to!

Needless to say, he is not going home for the holidays because it would be pointless to fly home for 3 days to turn around and fly back. Holidays are already over and 3 days would just be salt in a wound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home