gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Let's Bring Em Home!

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Let's Bring Em Home!

I'm not talking about from Iraq...I mean just to bring them home to see their families for the holidays.

Let's Bring Em Home!: "Please help! One thing I've noticed over the past few months is all the cars driving around with those magnetic yellow ribbons on the back. While I think it's a great show of support for the troops, I find myself wondering if this person really does care about the well being of our men and women in uniform, or if they're just appeasing their own guilty conscience. I wonder if they pop this commercialized logo on the back of their family sedan and say to themselves, 'Well I've done my part.' Because if that's all we do -- a meaningless magnet that we picked up as an afterthought while buying a cup of coffee -- then we've really let down those who fight to protect us from evil.

We need to do more. We need to do more than to just sit on our butts and eat turkey, while the 'United We Stand' sticker on your car window grows more and more faded each day. We need to do more than to set our VCR to record a Discovery Channel documentary on our troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan. We need to do more and you know it just as much as I do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home