gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Dreams

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dreams

When I was a kid, I had a couple of dreams over and over and over again. One I would have every time I got sick. Funny thing is I still get that dream when I am sick. It is one of the ways I know I am running a high temperature.

The second dream is a scary dream. I don't know why I had the dream, but I would get it a lot.

When I was in elementary school, we had this really great guy live with us named BC. His real name was Craig, but since that is my brother's name, we called him BC for Boise Craig.

He was a really nice guy and I used to spend a lot of time with him. He is actually the person that taught me how to roll up my sleeping bag. When I joined the Navy, his brother had joined at the same time and we flew to basic training together. (Small world, huh?)

During the time that BC lived with us, mom and dad had a 1976 Chevy Suburban. It was green and huge. It was our main mode of transportation for several years.

My dream takes place in the small town in Oregon where we lived at the time.

I would be laying in the very back seat of the suburban under a blanket. I would wake up and wonder where I was. Somehow, I knew that BC had put me in the Suburban, but never quite remembered how I got there. The doors were locked and I was unable to get out of the car.

I would sit up and look around. The car would be parked on a side street facing the A&W. I can still see the hedges and fences that surrounded the houses on that street. I would see mom and dad walking down the sidewalk.

I would start yelling and screaming for them to let me out, but they couldn't hear me; they would just keep walking. All of a sudden, a skeleton hand would float up from the middle seat, and I would hear my mom's voice say, "It's okay, D, we are right here."

That's when I would wake up screaming.

I never understood that dream and I had it for many, many years. Long after BC and the Suburban were gone, I would have that dream.

I'll probably have it tonight since I wrote about it today. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home