gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Relationships

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Relationships

Jack had this commment about my Friday Five answer:

While I've aways enjoyed reading Heinlein and his ideas of open relationships and group marriages, I know in my heart I'm too possessive to share the woman I love. I don't know if that's good or bad...

It's good he knows that. And it is neither good nor bad. Some people can handle it and some can't. It's all a matter of perspective and emotion.

When I say I don't want to be monogomous, I don't mean that I don't want a steady love in my life. It means I want to be able to go out and enjoy my life without destroying the person I am with.

Fortunately, I have a man like that. The thing that keeps me from doing as I want is my kids. I won't bring others home while my kids are at home.

I was married at one time to a man that introduced me to the "swinger's life". We would go to a bar in Reno and enjoy life.

He was jealous, though. It drove him nuts if I even thought about going home with someone else. We didn't swing for long. He wanted to have multiple relationships, but didn't want me to have anyone but him.

That's not why the marriage ended. That is a whole other story.

With the man I am with now, there is no jealousy there. He will say that he is headed for the bar or club or wherever. My reply is "See ya".

I've seen other wives/girlfriends get all bent out of shape because their other half is going out without them. Why shouldn't he go out and have fun? I don't like bars and clubs that are loud.

His friend J freaked the other night. P came home and told me that he had met a woman that wanted to take him home. I said "And you didn't go?" I thought J was going to fall over.

I have total trust and faith in P. He won't leave me. IKf he does, then he does. I will survive.

I have a friend that cannot go anywhere without her b/f. And I mean ANYWHERE! He has to go with her to the grocery store and vice versa. They do not trust each other at all.

How can people live like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home