gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Military Moms

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Military Moms

I was a military mom. I got out when i found out I was pregnant with my second child. Went into the reserves.

Rob has a post about a military mom that has 7 kids.

A week or so ago, my son and I went to talk to the Navy recruiter. While we were talking, he stated that the Navy requires single moms to release custody of their children for the time they are in the Navy.

I don't know if I agree with that policy. But I sure understand it. Just for the reasons stated by Rob.

If a war had started while I was in the military, I wouldn't have know what to do with my kids. While I was in the reserve, my aunt had temporary custody of my kids when I went overseas.

When soldiers/sailors go to war, they need to have nothing on their monds except survival. Not wondering where their kids are and if they are safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home