gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Christianity

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Christianity

I am not a Christian. I was raised as a Christian. A Methodist to be precise. My father is a retired Methodist minister.

Several years ago, I started doubting what the bible told me. I found it very difficult to believe that woman is total evil. That we are the "root of all evil".

I believe that Jesus existed. But I don't believe he was anything other than a very intelligent man. He was the son of God, just as I am the daughter of the Goddess.

I believe that we can live as one with the planet, but we don't need to go back to "living only for the land" as some environmentalists believe. We can get oil from Alaska, but we don't need to mow down the forests to do it.

When i was growing up in Oregon, there was a huge dispute between loggers and the Spotted Owl groupies. There should be a way for all of us to get along.

Wait, isn't that what Rodney King said? (Talk about a complete idiot!)

That is why there will be no Christian words spoken at my funeral. And why I will be used to fertilize a cornfield. Everything is a circle. The Circle of Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home