Peter's Baked Stuffed Onions Recipe - Allrecipes.com: "
* 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
* 6 large Vidalia onions
* 3/4 pound ground spicy pork sausage
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
2. In a saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel onions and slice off the tops; boil for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Drain, cool and remove the centers, leaving the shell intact. Chop onion centers and reserve 1/2 cup.
3. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside, reserving drippings. Saute green pepper and 1/2 cup chopped onion in sausage drippings.
4. In a large bowl combine green pepper, onion, sausage, egg, 1 cup cooked rice, cream cheese, oregano and parsley. Spoon mixture into onion shells and place in prepared dish. Combine melted butter and paprika; brush tops of onions.
5. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Uncover, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"