gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Sunday Morning

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunday Morning

It was quiet at work last night. Especially quiet for a Saturday. We are usually swamped with people for the majority of the night. Last night, we had several spurts, but it wasn't that busy. We didn't have a GM (General Merchandise) truck last night. Instead, we got to do a lot of little "projects" devised by the Assistant Manager.

Fortunately for us, we only had one little project. After that, I was able to go pull quite a bit of freight from the bins and we filled multiple outs. We'll do a lot more of that tonight.

Having a bit of an issue with the other overnight CSM. She has informed a couple of the cashiers that all the schedules will be changing. I have heard nothing about this and will be confronting her and possibly the assistant managers about it. I don't really care if my schedule changes as long as my days off are not split. I hate split weeks!

But what really irritates me is that she is telling these things to the cashiers and not confirming or talking to me about it. I have no say in whether the schedules should/will change, but she could have mentioned it to me before going to the cashiers.

On the plus side, I got to work with my favorite assistant manager last night. I think he will be there again tonight. Is it wrong to have a favorite manager? Is that like having a favorite child?

For today, I need to sleep a couple hours, so I can get up and watch the Vikings game. I will wake up long enough to watch the game and then go back to sleep until about 8:30. I've tried staying awake until Noon, then going to sleep, but I still only sleep a couple hours and wake up. So it is counter-productive to stay up until Noon.

Hope you all are having a great start to your 2011.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home