gsp Thoughts From A Diva: What is your earliest memory?

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, April 20, 2009

What is your earliest memory?

My earliest memory took place when I was about 4 or 5 years of age. There is some disagreement about what was happening, but I am going to tell you my version of the events (mom can always tell me I am wrong later).

I had a brand new outfit. It was a cute white sailor's top with blue trim. I think the bottom was either a skirt or shorts, but I don't remember. I had been outside playing with my friends when we decided to play hide-n-seek. Well, to my detriment, I decided to hide in a garbage can.

White outfit + garbage can = Major trouble

I think my dad was the only one home at the time and I can remember him telling me how much trouble I was going to be in when my mother saw me (maybe it was vice versa, but anywaysss.....). I was so scared of being in trouble that I hid in the hall closet behind the front door. I still remember the terror in my heart when that door swung open.

I survived 37 more years, but I still have that moment of terror when I know I have done something wrong. Guess that is why I could never be a major (or even minor) criminal!

Mother's Day is coming up...Don't forget to thank your mom for "scaring you straight" when you were a dorky little kid!

Thanks, Mom!

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2009 3:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i was 4 going on 5 ... practicing my ABC before I started school ... haha

thats my first clear mem ... got a bunch of others that are fuzzy, maybe my past life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home