gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Happy Birthday

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Happy Birthday

Today is my future ex-husband's 30th birthday. Huh?

Okay, okay, I'll tell you the story.

In 1995, I met a man named William. Fell head over heels and married him. We were married on October 20th. It was a quiet affair. Just William, myself and my three kids.

We were married in a small chapel in Carson City, NV.

We lived in a decent-sized apartment in a not-so-good area of town. After a few months, we managed to get into a beautiful house. I loved that house. It was in a good area and there was a fenced-in backyard.

In the summer of 1996, Will started to really get into meth. He was dealing it and doing it and all the stuff that goes with it. He wouldn't sleep for weeks. Literally, 2-3 weeks at a time.

He started to get really paranoid. He quit his job and decided to be a mechanic from our garage for money. Meanwhile, I was working full-time for the state.

He wouldn't let me leave the house except to go to work. He would stand in the doorway while I went to the bathroom because "they're watching." He would sit on the toilet while I took a shower. I couldn't open any curtains. All because "they're watching."

We had opened our home and let some friends live with us while they got back on their feet. I did not know at that time, how bad the drug problem had gotten.

One day, The Brat's dad came to me and said we needed to talk. He is a police officer. He told me that there were undercover cops in my house that morning buying drugs. All while our daughter was sleeping in the next room.

I immediately went home and kicked everyone except Will, the kids and Asshole out of the house. Yes, Asshole was living with us. He was one of Will's friends.

Will managed to get his drug use under control, I thought.

At Thanksgiving, I told Will he needed to move out. He said we could work it out. Within a short time, we were told we had to move out of the house. I could no longer pay the rent on it.

On Christmas Day, Will and I had a huge fight. He tried to hit me, but hit the wall instead. At that point, I kicked him out. We were completely out of the house by Jan 1.

The kids went to stay at one house, and I went to stay with another friend. I swore that would never happen again. And it hasn't.

Will started stalking me. He would know where I went, who I was with, everything. It was really scary.

I finally found a cheap apartment and the kids and I moved into it as soon as possible.

Will was still following me everywhere, so Asshole moved in with us.

(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home