gsp Thoughts From A Diva: The Wake

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Friday, September 19, 2003

The Wake

After the funeral, we went to T's younger brother's house. D2 has a great house. Very nice wife and good kids.

K & T's two boys showed up with their spouses and their kids. Plus D1 and his wife and child. Lots of friends and other relatives I wasn't sure about.

T's sister C was there. She was in my class in school and we were best of friends. I think I spent as much time at her house as I did at my own. It was great catching up with her.

Their mom also was there. Mom-In-Law was a sweet woman. She is very ill. Dealing with cancer, too. She has lost most of her hair now. And she is very weak. It was very hard to see her that way.

I went up to MIL at one point and asked her if she remember me. She just kind of looked at me and then shook her head. When I told her my name. She looked shocked and said, "No, you're not!" I had to laugh.

We had a great time at D2's house. We laughed and talked and remembered T. We played football and played with the babies and talked about T.

That was a much better remembrance of T than any funeral ever could have been.

That is where she would have wanted to be. And I am sure she was there with us...laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home