gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Portland

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Friday, September 19, 2003

Portland

After we boarded the plane in Phoenix, I immediately went to sleep. I slept through takeoff. Don't even remember the plane leaving the ground.

When I woke up, I thought we had been in the air for at least a couple hours. I looked out of the window and my first thought was "Wow! That looks like Lake Mead and Hoover Dam". That would mean we were only about 45 minutes out of Phoenix and entering Las Vegas air space.

Suer enough! That is exactly where we were! It was kind of fun seeing Las Vegas from so high up. I lived there for several years and had never seen it from so high up.

The lady sitting next to me was from my home town in Oregon. We knew a lot of the same people and same places. It was a lot of fun chatting with her. That just goes to show how small this world really is.

On both flights the places were packed. Everyone was headed West. Not sure why.

As we got into Oregon air space, the skies clouded over. We had clear sailing up to that point. Then the turbulence started. Did I mention I hate to fly?

After a couple of drops, I felt like that cat on America's Funniest Home Videos. You know, the one hanging from the ceiling by his claws?

Anyway, we finally landed (safely) in Portland. Of course, it was raining. I hear it was the first rain the had in over 90 days. That is almost unheard of.

My sister picked me up at the airport and we got out of Portland as quick as we could. Way too much traffic!!

We headed south to Creswell, where my parents were staying in their RV. We checked in to a local motel and hit the sack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home