gsp Thoughts From A Diva: The Highwayman

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Highwayman

Eric is waxing poetic tonight so I thought I would share my favorite poem. I have loved this poem since I first learned to read. My parents bought a set of Childcraft books one year. This poem was in one of the volumes. I loved those books; wonder whatever happened to them?

The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees,
The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas,
The road was a ribbon of moonlight, over the purple moor,
And the highwayman came riding-
Riding-riding-
The highwayman came riding, up to the old inn-door.
Click to read the rest...

1 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... excellent... absolutely excellent.. and new to me too....

Eric

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home