gsp Thoughts From A Diva: My Marine

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Marine

Anthony has moved to San Diego to his new base at Miramar.

Miramar used to be a naval base, but Anthony tells me that it isn't a naval base anymore. That makes me sad.

I was stationed at NAS Miramar when I was in the Navy. In fact, this is the base where I met Anthony's father. He was also in the Navy. Anthony was conceived on this base.

When I was at Miramar, I was simply there for training. I was learning the ins and outs of the E-2/C-2 COD. Anthony's dad was stationed there. He fueled the birds on the flightline. F-14s were all the rage then.

Remember the movie Top Gun? It was filmed at Miramar just before I transferred there. I had heard several years ago that they had moved Top Gun to NAS Fallon in Nevada. I was disappointed to hear that, but I could definitely understand the reasoning. It is hard to fly those noisy jets on a 24 hour basis in such a heavily populated area.

Anyway, I just think it is cool that Anthony is doing the same job at the same base that his father once did.

I have lots of great memories of Miramar. I hope Anthony gets some really good ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home