gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Religion

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Religion

As most of you know, I am not a religious person. I am very spiritual and believe in a higher power, but I do not believe in organized religion.

My father is a retired minister. I never knew he shared my views until I recieved this email today.

...I am convinced that most organized religious practice is no more than attempts to gain power over someone else. Understand, this is not a reference to peoples attempts to develop their faith, and to help others develop theirs. That is not religion, but spirituality and theology.
But the whole concept of having an ordained ministry, and bishops, superintendents, etc., has to do with power, not faith. The most important book around today for the Church is Fred Craddock's book, "As One Without Authority." The church needs authority just as much as Paul needed a tank of gasoline in case he should be given a Buick to drive.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home