gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Moving Out and Moving In

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Moving Out and Moving In

My upstairs neighbors are changing AGAIN.

Roberta moved out and is moving somewhere...Some say back with the ex...others say back to Chicago..Whatever, she is gone.

So the new lady was by today. She is a single mom with 3 daughters. At least I was told she was single. Today she had some guy with her.

Anyway, we live in an old house (circa 1900) that has been turned into a duplex. In true European style, there are no closets in my house. So storage space is at a premium.

We all use the back doors to get into the apartments because that is where the driveway is located. In the two years I have lived here, no one has ever used the front door as a primary entrance. If you come through the front door, my bedroom door is the first door you see. So if someone knocks on the front door (no doorbell), I will be the one awakened by the pounding.

So we have never used it. Instead, we have used the front entry hall as a place to store stuff I don't want in the basement getting all mildewy and moldy.

Today, she (the new neighbor) asked me if that was our "garbage" in the front entry. I said, "No, but we do have stuff we store out there."

She seemed a little miffed that our stuff was RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM DOOR!!!!

I don't know about this...She was looking down her nose at us the entire time. True, I didn't look my most beautiful because I had just gotten out of bed, but that was no reason to act like I was the scum of the Earth.

And the kicker....she has a dog. Now anyone that knows me knows I cannot stand dogs. Plus, I have 3 cats in my house. But I will handle it like an adult as long as she uses the pooper scooper in our yard. And I don't have to listen to the damn thing bark all day and all night.

Otherwise, I am going to have to start looking for a new place to live. For less money, I could find a new place with central air and a dishwasher! I have stayed here because of Meg's friends and we like our landlord.

But I won't deal with this well. I just know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home