gsp Thoughts From A Diva: My Son Is Missing in Springfield, MO

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, October 11, 2004

My Son Is Missing in Springfield, MO

On Thursday,my son Lucas and his father got in a huge fight right before school.

That evening, Lucas called and said he was at the courthouse filling out the paperwork to be an emancipated minor. He also said his bike had been stolen.

When asked where he was so his dad could go pick him up, Lucas refused to answer.

He has not been heard from since.

Lucas is 16 years old and lives in Springfield, MO. He is approximately 5'8" and 140 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He usually wears black bell jeans (you know, those baggy things all mothers hate).

His father has determined that when he is found, he will be living in a bedroom with nothing but a bed and some family pictures. Apparently, dad went thru Lucas' things and found a pack of cigarettes, a hidden lighter and a Snap-On calendar with naked women on it. (Oh my! A 16 year old boy that likes naked women!)

Anyway, he has also decided that Lucas will be going to some kind of Christian boot camp when he returns. If there is one thing I am totally against, it is fundamentalist Christianity.

So, this is a plea for my son. If any of you live in that area, please tell him to go to Pat's house. And he can call me from there.

Thank you.

3 Comments:

At 10/11/2004 11:00 AM , Blogger Scooter Deb said...

Wow... I really hope your son gets in touch with you, or finds an otherwise safe place. Sixteen is such an awkward age... too old to listen to your folks, too young to live away from them for a lengthy period of time.

 
At 10/11/2004 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I hope he's OK. hopefully, he's staying with a friend or someone he can trust until he cools off enough to be in touch.

"Good luck" always sounds so trite, but I hope everything works out OK.

Paul

 
At 10/11/2004 8:10 PM , Blogger Michele said...

My thoughts are with you and your family in hoping that Lucas is OK. I also hope that his dad realizes that his punishment for Lucas will only make matters worse. Sixteen is such a hard age and I hope he is safe and sound.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home