gsp Thoughts From A Diva: 4th of July Fireworks

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

4th of July Fireworks

Do you have any outstanding memories of the 4th of July?

 

I have two that stand out in my mind as the most magnificent of my life.

 

  1. I was stationed in Sicily.  Buttboy was 6 months old and it was my first 4th overseas.  We sat on a small hill overlooking the baseball field.  There were about 20 of us.  Sea Bees and Naval personnel and even some Marines.  They shot the rockets off from the baseball field while playing patriotic music.  I can remember tears streaming down my face for most of the fireworks.  I have never felt more like an American.
  2. Just after I got out of “A” School (for Aviation Hydraulics), I spent about two weeks with my parents in Phoenix.  We went and sat on the capitol grounds to watch the fireworks.  They were breathtaking.  And there were 10s of thousands of people.  It was very exciting.

 

I love the 4th of July.  I love what it stands for and I love being able to show my love and support of my country.  Shoulder to shoulder with other patriotic citizens.

 

God Blessed America in many ways.  I hope he/she continues to do that for centuries to come.

 

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2004 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 4th to you and yours may it be a safe one. shelli http://www.painfullycool.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home