gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Guns

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Guns

Rob and Eric have both talked about guns.

 

I do not allow guns in my house.  I don’t like guns.  They make me nervous.

 

But I do think every child in the US/World should learn how to use and handle a gun.  They should all learn how to clean one and shoot one.   I think if I had been taught how to use them as a child, I would not be so stressed about them now.

 

I do not want one in the house now, because I do not know how to handle one. Oh, I can shoot one.  And damn well, but I do not know what to do with it otherwise.

 

Asshole wants to buy a hunting rifle.  I have finally consented only if it is kept in a locked gun cabinet with the bullets locked up, too.  And it is not to be in my living room.

 

Guns in the wrong hands can be very deadly.  And I don’t want that happening in my house.

 

1 Comments:

At 6/25/2004 6:40 PM , Blogger Eric said...

... I agree with you, DRC... everyone should know how to handle a firearm... but, you might be missing out on a lot of fun if you don't learn a little more about them... take a course... get the Asshole to show you how to disassemble one... after a while, you'll get to know them... understanding their workings will make you more comfortable around them....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home