gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Damn Dog

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Damn Dog

On Monday afternoon, we went out to the lake south of town.

 

On the way back, we found a small black dog running down the middle of the road.  There was nothing around that area except cornfields.

 

We stopped and picked up the dog, gave it some water and took it home with us.

 

I have put an ad in the paper and have called the Humane Society.  I am hoping someone will want this dog back.  It has tags on it, but they are from Montana.  That’s a long way to travel for a little dog.

 

The first night he was here, it was pretty quiet.  He didn’t make much noise, and was pretty laid back.  I think he was exhausted.

 

Last night was a different story.  He woke me (and the rest of the house) up at 4:15 this morning – howling.  And he did it not once, not twice, but three times before I decided to stay up.

 

Have I mentioned that I cannot stand dogs? Neither can my cats.

 

So this morning, I am calling the Humane Society again.  The dog is leaving today.

 

He is a nice enough dog, but I am not a dog person.  He doesn’t chew on things, he is house-trained.  But I like my cats.

 

I don’t have to walk my cats.  Or listen to them howl.

 

Yep, cats are way better than dogs.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home