gsp Thoughts From A Diva: sugarmama

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

sugarmama

sugarmama answered my question about teenagers and sex pretty well. She said things a lot better than I could have.

Yes, I did find out my 17 year old son was having sex. We had gone away for a weekend leaving him and his little sister home alone. I told him there were to be no visitors while we were gone.

After we had been back a day or two, we had a visit from the girlfriend's parents. They said she had told them what had happened because she felt guilty.

Asshole was mad because Buttboy had sex. I was mad because he had someone in the house when he knew he wasn't supposed to.I had a baby at 17. So, of course I expected my kid to be having sex by that age.

Ever since my kids were little, I have talked openly about sex with them. They know how to get in touch with Planned Parenthood (which is what he had done in this case). I have been as open as I possibly could. I did not use cute names for their penises. I called them penises.

With my daughter, she refuses to call it anything other than her "privates". That's okay. She still knows what I am talking about.

I hope they always feel comfortable talking to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home