gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Julie Mac

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Julie Mac

A few posts back, I received a comment from Julie Mac. Julie Mac is one of my oldest friends. There were four of us. Julie, Hope, Fred and me.

Julie, Hope and I were all the same age, and Fred was a year older. We were in the church youth group together and we did all sorts of stuff together. I even went to the prom with Fred.

Julie was the sports buff. That woman was always playing sports. Very athletic. I think Julie was my first female crush. That was before I knew it was okay to have a crush on a woman. She has done very well, I think. She is someone I will always be proud to call my friend.

Hope was the blonde. In every sense. She always reminded me of Goldie Hawn. She had a heart of gold. She was quite the airhead though. Sometimes we worried about her, but she always came out okay. I have no clue where she is now. I wish I did. She was a good friend.

Then there was Fred. Every high school dance I went to, I went with Fred. He was safe. And he always made us all feel important. Fred was a geek before it was cool. He had the pocket protectors and always had a calculator nearby. He even knew how to use a slide rule. He has moved on to bigger and better things. He went on to be an officer in the Navy. I think he is some kind of Engineer. I have talked to him a couple of times since high school. He is doing well.

Amazing to think where we have all been in the last 20 years. I am glad to have known all of these people. They helped make me who I am today.

I love you, Julie Mac. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home