gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Veteran's Day

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, November 10, 2003

Veteran's Day

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day.

My uncle was in the Navy during Vietnam.

My brother was in the Navy during the bombings in Beirut.

I was in the Navy, but not during any conflict.

I went to boot camp in Orlando, FL. I went to 'A' School for Aviation Hydraulics in Millington, TN. Then I went to more schooling at NAS Miramar in San Diego.

I was based at NAS Sigonella, Sicily. It is a NATO base and we had to share it with the Italians. We obviously had better barracks and gear than they did.

After leaving Sig, I went into the reserves. I spent 2 glorious weeks at Cubi Point, Phillipines.

I am very proud of having been in the Navy. I met some awesome people while in the military. People I may never see again, but people I will never forget.

May you all come home safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home