gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Phillipines

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, November 10, 2003

Phillipines

Writing the Veteran's day post below brought up some fun memories.

When we went to the Phillipines, I joined the Mile High Club on that plane. Maybe I shouldn't tell that, but that was 15 years ago.

While I was in the PI, I bought a hooker for a friend. He had an awesome time that night. Of course, I did, too.

I got so sunburned out there, I could do nothing but lay in bed for two full days and sleep.

I went horseback riding with a guide. He carried a machine gun. We went out into the jungle beyond the base. At one point, he motioned for me to stop, then brought his gun around front of him. Out of nowhere, these men stepped out onto the trail. He spoke to them for a little bit, then they disappeared again.

I found out later they were guerillas. I was very glad he knew what was going on.

I still have a lot of the stuff I bought there. I was so sad when they closed that base.

If anybody out there was in the PI during March of 1989, drop me a note and say hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home