gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Robbery

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Robbery

When I was 18, I lived in a five bedroom house with 7 guys. One of whom was my brother K.

I felt like a sister to all those guys. They were my buds and would always watch out for me. (I got really sick one time and they had to take me to the hospital. I've never seen a bunch of guys stand outside an emergency room and look so concerned in my lfe!)

Anyway, they decided to start a band and move to California. My brother moved out and moved back in with his wife T.

So now I ws living in that big old house by myself.

I worked as a disc jockey at the local radio station. I worked the graveyard shift and usually got home about 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning.

One morning, I got home and found the back door to my house wide open. I immediately went next door and called the cops. They checked the place out and found no one in the house.

I went in and looked around. I didn't have much in the way of belongings, but there were a few items missing.

I was too afraid to stay there alone after that. My brother and his wife had split again, so i moved in with T and helped her take care of my nephews.

The cops found my stuff a week or so later. It seems a 13 year old boy and a 14 year old boy had broken into my place. Then they had broken into the neighbor's place and stolen their car! The neighbors were on vacation, so they did not know anything had happened until they got home.

They wrecked the car. That was how they got caught.

I have never been robbed since. But I will never forget the feeling I felt that morning when I walked into my house and saw that door open. Absolutely terrified. Creeped out. Scared shitless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home