gsp Thoughts From A Diva: New York

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

New York

I used to live on Long Island. We lived in a town called Mineola.

Of course, that was almost twenty years ago, but I had a lot of fun when I lived there.

I worked as a telephone operator for American Express. For New Year's Eve that year, I worked all night and celebrated New Years like 6 times. Got blasted while at work. The supervisor brought in champagne and we drank toasts every hour on the hour.

That morning, we all went out to breakfast at a local diner. Great food.

The food at a New York diner or a New York deli is better than any other place on earth. The deli sandwiches are just scrumptious and the diners feed you heaps of food.

We went to a local diner for Thanksgiving that year. We were almost the only people in there and we had a family style meal. I think I rolled out of there.

Food is about the only thing I miss from New York. Except for maybe going down Fifth Avenue on Christmas to see the lights and the store fronts. If you ever go to New York, go at Christmas. It is beautiful.

My one regret from living in New York? I never got to go to the horse races in Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home