gsp Thoughts From A Diva: I Can't Drive 55.

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

I Can't Drive 55.

Drama Queen has been talking about speeding tickets.

I have only had 2 tickets in my life. I pray I will never get another.

I used to have a 1994 Toyota Paseo. It had 59 miles on it when I bought it. It was bright red.

Early one morning, I was on I-84 between Baker, OR, and Ontario, OR. I had 5 people in my little car. And a trunk full of luggage. It was about 5am and there was no one on the road.

All of a sudden, this beatiful, fully restored Roadrunner showed up. He was flying!

I was bored (and the only one still awake). So I decided to keep up with him. We raced down that road. I had my speedometer buried. It only went to about 110.

When we stopped about 15 minutes later at the local truck stop, i asked the guy how fast we were going. He said his speedometer read 140.

Damn! I have never gone that fast since. Maybe someday. But only on a track.

I didn't get a ticket for that. I got one on that same stretch of road for doing 82 in a 65.

Then I got one in Wyoming for doing 84 in a 65. Guess I'm lucky I didn't get a reckless driving charge!

I still like to drive fast, but I try not to. Thank goodness for cruise control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home