gsp Thoughts From A Diva: CSI: Miami

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

CSI: Miami

I really like the show CSI. The head honcho on that show is great and does not mind sharing the limelight with his associates.

CSI:Miami on the other hand irritates me. The guy that plays Horatio just can't seem to let anyone else do anything. He has to discover all the evidence. He has to figure out who did the crime and how.

Last night, they did an entire show on meth heads. Although it is not something I am proud of, I do freely admit I was a meth head. I loved crank. Crystal was better, but crank was cheaper.

My ex got me hooked. I started by drinking it in my Coke. Then I learned to snort it. I was a light user compared to everyone else. I could make a quarter last all day (that's one line a day). Most people do a quarter in one day. Or actually, several quarters in one day.

I was also one of the lucky ones, because I could say no. I knew my limits. When I had had enough, I could walk away from it. And did quite often. On the other hand, my ex could never say no.

Anyway, they were showing how meth heads act last night. They got it all wrong. They showed meth heads twitching their hands and unable to stop moving their hands. Yeah, that is true, but then they showed them speaking very slow and deliberately.

LOL!! I have never seen someone on crank speak slowly or deliberately. Usually, they talk faster than Jerry Falwell at a revival.

Also, most tweakers grind their teeth. And they almost always have something to drink. My drink of choice at that time was water. I couldn't get enough of it. Crank dehydrates you badly.

They also said something on the show about how food would upset your stomach. That is not true. You just can't slow down long enough to eat, and you truly aren't hungry.

I lost a lot of weight on the Jenny Crank diet.

One more myth I would like to put to bed: Tweakers live in filthy houses. How can you have a filthy house when you have the energy of ten people? I had the cleanest house on the block. I had to do something with all that extra energy.

I quit cold turkey about 4 years ago. There will always be that part of me that wants to go back to it, but I can't. I know it is wrong. But, man, sometimes I would love a line just to clean my house - or lose some weight.

1 Comments:

At 10/13/2007 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes eating food on it does upset your stomach, it just depends on what it is, and the person.

And the idea of a tweaker with a dirty house is laughable...unless they smoke it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home