gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Wow.

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Wow.

I belong to Classmates and have never really poked around there much, but I have had some good things happen due that site. I mean, my daughter found me, I managed to locate some really good friends I hadn't seen in 30 years. It has brought me lots of joy.

Today, it brought me astonishment and disbelief. I found this in my inbox:

"Weird how the world goes round! My name is {name deleted}...We met years ago before you went into the Navy! {name deleted} was my piss pore boyfriend at the time, you know the one you cheated on {name deleted} with...nice! I grew from that one and the nice threatening letters that all your bunk mates sent me...that was classic!"

Okay. Nice to see you have moved on since 1985.

Let me clarify a few things. First of all...I was 17! Second, I didn't cheat on {name deleted} with {name deleted}. We hung out, but {name deleted} and I never did anything other than hang out. Not because I didn't want it to happen, but because he wasn't interested.

As for threatening letters...what threatening letters? By the time I joined the Navy, {name deleted} and I had been broken up for god knows how long. I had moved on.

This poor woman still lives in the same town we went to high school in. She never left town and actually married a guy in our class. I'm sorry to say I don't even remember who she is. I have moved on with my life and have left all that behind me.

I could be catty and say something snotty about her spelling, but I won't. She is, after all, simply a by-product of the Oregon school system.

I grew up by moving away...and people wonder why I won't move back to Oregon. Ha!

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2007 1:08 AM , Blogger ENFORCER said...

Talk about unwanted and unwarranted blasts from the past. That kind of correspondence would freak me out bigtime I think. You did the right thing rising above her b/s

 
At 4/12/2007 7:38 PM , Blogger drc said...

Yeah, but you're the exception that proves the rule! LOL!!!

 
At 4/20/2007 1:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Thats pretty much it. What an idiot. And I never asked you to move to Oregon! bLAH! what amuses me is the fact that she had to pay in order tosend this horrible message to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home