gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Jerk

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Jerk

Last night, someone was searching for: did duke of windsor attention deficit disorder
 
They did not like that I called that young man a flaming homosexual.
 
Let me clarify something.  Some of my best friends in the world are gay.  Male and female alike.
 
But there is no reason in the world to talk like that or act like that.
 
They do it for the attention.
 
It is the same reason that black people use ghetto talk.  They can talk like normal human beings, they just prefer to talk different because they want the attention. (Example: Colin Powell - Any rapper)
 
Same reason Hispanic people talk with an accent.  Even if they have never been south of the border. (Example: Jennifer Lopez - Any of the multitude walking down the street)
 
So, don't bitch at me.  If you don't want the attention, don't act stupid!
 

4 Comments:

At 6/03/2004 11:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diva-

Mike from the "The Dolorous Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ" conversation here.

I don't mean to be a prick, but it might be a stretch to say that hispanics speak english with an accent because they want to get attention. To make the point (again not to be a grammardick) but "to talk different because they want the attention." should be "differently" not "different" (adverb modifying the infinitive "to talk"). The point is, english is a confusing language, with ambiguous construction and an exception to every rule. I'll give you that there is some nature/nurture going on there. But Colin Powell's articulacy is associated with his upbringing, not a ploy to divert attention. Culture is a profound thing. It will make a rich man steal, and an honest man lie. While every individual should aspire to make the most of their lives (which for most is in the context of macro society), starting point can make all the difference.

 
At 6/03/2004 11:25 AM , Blogger drc said...

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I expect people to speak differently.

But I do not think hispanics (or blacks or Chinese or Japanese or whatever) need to speak in such a way to make it obvious as to their heritage.

There is not a single person in the world that speaks or writes grammatically correct each and every time. I do not expect that.

If you are not a native speaker of English, I do not expect you to speak English perfectly.

But if you grew up in an American household, listening to American English being spoken on all media outlets around you...Why must you put on the show?

And this goes for white people that speak like that also. Why must you speak like that?

I speak with a southern accent. And am begining to get a Minnesota accent. But not in every word I say. It only comes out on certain words.

Accents are one thing - Purposely distorting the language is another.

 
At 11/27/2005 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi drc

I just came accross your site while searching for info on Making Money online. Great blog! I will make sure to visit regularly; keep up the great work!

Please check my blog out if you get some time: The Rich Jerk

 
At 11/30/2005 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi drc

When I saw this post I had to read a little more.

Later,

download rich jerk help

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home