gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Ireland Immigrants

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Ireland Immigrants

I'm not sure what to think about this story.

"the tables are turned and Ireland, with one of the fastest-growing economies and lowest unemployment rates in the EU, has become a destination of choice for immigrants."

I guess I never really thought about what nationality children are.

When Buttboy was born in Italy, he could have had dual-citizenship if both parents signed the citizenship papers. Even though we were both Americans, he could have had dual citizenship if we had both been there to sign. (His dad was in California at the time.)

I did not press the issue because with dual citizenship, he would have had to go back to Italy when he turns 18 and serve 2 years in their military. I saw how they lived. No way was I going to let that happen.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess I will have to think about it for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home