gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Churches

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Churches

My mom and I were just talking on AIM about churches. She asked me what I had against churches.

Actually, I have nothing against the buildings themselves. Churches are very cool buildings. Especially older churches. They have tons of character.

When I was a kid, the church was my daycare. My dad was a minister and my mom worked full time. So my dad would take care of me while mom was at work.

I spent every day in the church. I used to run up and down the halls. And play hide-and-seek in all the closets. I didn't have any playmates except imaginary ones. But that was okay. I still had a lot of fun.

The best thing about old churches are the hidey holes. There are little nooks and crannies that people have forgotten all about or have never discovered. People think they need to be so reverent inside a church. No noise, no playing, no snooping.

I wasn't raised that way. I want to open every cupboard and climb inside every closet.

I used to have dreams about getting lost in a church and not being able to find my way out. Strange, since I becamen Pagan, I no longer have that dream. Freudian, anyone?

Anyway, as for not liking churches, I think it is easy for someone who knows my religious beliefs should be easy to figure out.

Except my mother, she does not know my religious preferences. I just don't want to upset her that way. Maybe after dad is gone. She will understand. He won't.

Anyone got a church I can come explore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home