gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Stuff

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Stuff

I know, I know. It's been a while since I wrote in my blog. There has been lots I wanted to say, just no ambition to say it.

I had the weekend alone with my kids. That was pretty cool. P went north to see his dad.

My aunt and uncle came from Idaho and spent Saturday with the kids and me. That was a lot of fun. Reminisced about a lot of things. When my boys were small, we lived with my aunt and uncle for a few months. I had also lived with them for a while when I was 13. Spent a whole summer at their house.

It was at their house that I learned to drive the tractor. I learned to buck bales and I learned to set siphon tubes. If you have no idea what a siphon tube is, then you are a very fortunate person.

A siphon tube is used to bring the water out of the irrigation ditch and down the rows of plants. They are about 2.5 - 3 feet long and are very small in diameter. I never managed to set it with one hand, like my uncle, but I got pretty good at it.

It was also at their house that I shot my first gun. My cousin had a Daisy BB rifle. He got so mad at me because it was his gun and I was a better shot.

My aunt tried and tried to teach me to cook. I can do some things, but for the most part, I suck at cooking.

My aunt also brought some pics she had of the boys when they were very small. I had forgotten how cute they were. Made me want to go back in time and cuddle them. I did call my son in Missouri and talk to him last night. I really miss him. Some days more than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home