gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Southern Drawls

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Southern Drawls

Every day people make fun of the way I talk.

I live in Southern Minnesota. But I sound like I live in Southern Georgia. I guess it is because that is where I learned to talk. I have never totally lost my accent.

It gets worse when I am tired or emotional. I will never be able to say 'tire' or 'fire' like a Northerner.

So, I fully understand the problems Louisiana is having with their phone system.

If I talk to someone on the phone, they think I am in the South. If I do talk to someone from the South, I pick up their accent immediately. By the time I get off the phone, my accent is so bad, my co-workers can barely understand me.

But you know what? I don't care. If you don't like my accent - don't talk to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home