gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Fallen Comrades

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Fallen Comrades

Lt Smash has a great post about a fallen comrade.

Once upon a time I was also in the Navy.

My brother also served in the Navy. And although I never saw action, my brother did.

K was in the Navy when they bombed the Beirut Barracks. Remember that? I have an entire scrapbook on that time.

He came home to tell us stories about bullet holes in planes. And the politicians were on television saying there were no problems and no one had done any shooting. Liars.

I was proud to serve in the Navy. As was my brother. My uncle. My friends. And my (ex)husband.

As Lee Greenwood so eloquently put it:

I'm Proud To Be An American
Where at least I know I'm free;
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.

And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love that land

God Bless The USA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home