gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Nightmares

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Nightmares

Anthony called last night and was so mad he could barely talk. He had a pretty rough day yesterday. They had run a PFT on Monday and apparently several members of his platoon did not pass the PFT. So instead of just having those people re-run the PFT, the entire platoon has to re-do it when they get back off the ship in two weeks. Anthony doesn't mind the PFT so much, but he had one of his best scores ever and now that will not go on the books, the new score will.

But that news is nothing compare to what happened next.

He has two Staff Sergeants in his platoon. One he gets along with pretty well. The other one has short-timers disease.

The second SSgt pulled him aside yesterday and told him that after they get back off this Float in November, Anthony will be stateside for 3 months and then is going to Iraq. The SSgt told this same news to three other members of his platoon. They were not scheduled to go to Iraq with the squadron, but this SSgt told Anthony, "I am going to fuck the world before I get out!" He told Anthony that he just wanted to fuck somebody over and these four Marines were elected.

I am so mad I could spit nails!!

Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night. Dreamed of Anthony most of the night. Then I woke up with a nightmare of going to Lucas' funeral. Not good. This is going to be a rough year.

As far as I know, Lucas is still in MRP. I have not heard anything from him in two weeks.

I hate those whiny moms who say, "I can't stop crying." But today I guess I am going to be one of them. I know that none of this is set in stone and lots can change in 12 months. And I know I can't worry about things I cannot change. But for today, I need to be a whiny mom.

I miss my boys.

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

... I find that pretty hard to believe.... if a SSGT was going around saying things like that, then his chain of command needs to be notified....

Eric

 
At 3/19/2007 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... what Eric said.

As for the PFT, that sucks, but at the same time, he knows exactly when it is, he knows he got one of his best scores, and he should know that he can do it again.

MRP? Wha happen?

 
At 3/26/2007 6:55 PM , Blogger SIMON said...

I've just come over from tk's site because of the comment you made there and wanted to say, 'Go Girl'
You'll have to go back and see what I said!
But feel free to visit mine at any time.
Of course you miss the boys but it doesn't have to be a lonely road.
Maybe you, tk and I should start a group of military parents here in blogland. Though I have never posted or commented about it before.
I will come back and have a proper look at your site when the time difference isn't against me!
Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home