gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Why Diva?

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Why Diva?

Someone asked me the other day why I use the word 'diva' in all my online life.

It took some thinking to remember why. I have used 'diva' for my online name since 1994 when I got my first e-mail account. I have had three e-mail names in that time. Each had Diva as part of it.

My main e-mail/online name has always been drcdiva. Now I have MinnesotaDiva for the blog. I have also been known to use Irish-Diva in the past.

I got 'diva' from the movie 'Too Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar'.

I absolutely love that movie. And they were definitely divas.

And their definition of diva is how I prefer to see myself: Strong, independent, and not gonna take shit off no one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home