gsp Thoughts From A Diva: I'm SOOOO Angry...

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'm SOOOO Angry...

I received this message from some friends in Missouri today. This is just wrong.

To a sweet, very loving, charming, and
well-loved Siberian Husky named Mishka.
May she have a safe crossing over.

Born: February 21, 2002

Died: March 19, 2004 at 2:35 p.m.

Mishka was shot in the chest by a 22 calibur gun by our
next door neighbor for "stalking," pacing back and forth
by his chicken coop.
He told the police that he was protecting his chickens
and his 3 yr. old grandbaby that was outside. Mishka was
shot to kill, and was shot through the chest wall and was
noticeable on both sides of the body. Hopefully she
experienced a quick death, as was obvious by blood
coming out of her nose and mouth. The neighbor brought
her over, was rude, and just pulled her out of the back
of the truck by the collar and left her on the gravel
driveway. Then went into a rant about dogs killing his
animals including his dog and he has had enough. The
police that came, said that after inspecting the site,
he would have shot to kill her to protect his grandbaby.
There will be no criminal case, and I can pursue a civil
case, but do not have the money and it will probably be a
waste of my time.

I will post a picture up here soon once I find her
graduation photo from Obedience Training.

She was my baby, I will miss her a lot. She was only a
little over two years old.


Mishka was kept in a yard with an electronic fence. She was a good dog, just exuberant. This was the first time she had gotten out in several months. The man who shot her said she had been over there several days in a row.

I cannot believe he never said a word to the girls about their dog. He simply shot Mishka and then dropped her off.

Have we developed into a country where a neighbor cannot even say, "Hey, your dog is over here, can you come get it?" And give the owners a chance to correct a wrong.

I would never shoot an animal in my yard unless it was snarling and attacking. And Mishka did not have a mean bone in her body.

I am just soooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 5/20/2004 5:23 PM , Blogger Brent said...

I would be, too. I can't believe that officer took the side of the old man. STUPID COP!

 
At 5/21/2004 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How apalling! It is hardly believable. I truely feel for the owner... and am jolly glad guns are not as widely used here in Europe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home