gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Earthquakes and Tornados

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Earthquakes and Tornados

Rob has a great post about earthquakes in Georgia.

I have lived with earthquakes for a long time. I use to live in Southern California and in Nevada. Those two places get lots of earthquakes.

The largest quake I was in was a 6.1 in Carson City, NV. It sounded like a freight train coming down the hall of my apartment. Scared the hell out of me.

I experienced an earthquake in Southern Idaho once. (Yes, Idaho has earthquakes, too.) It was a cool, rolling one. You could see the land rolling like a wave as it came across the fields.

I know what to do during an earthquake: Hang on to the door jamb and enjoy the ride.

I don't know what to do during a tornado. I have seen only one. And that was enough.

(I take that back. My parents tell me when I was about 6 months old, I survived a tornado in a VW Bus.)

About 2 years ago, there was a small one that came through our town. It was only and F1, but it was enough. I never want to see another one.

But since I live at the top of Tornado Alley, I will probably see another one.

And tornado season just opened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home