gsp Thoughts From A Diva: 9/11/01

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

9/11/01

I am sitting here watching the footage from 9/11/01. Listening to the President talk about what he was feeling.

I have just discovered I do not have to see the video to watch those buildings fall. I automatically close my eyes when it comes to that footage, but I can still see it behind my eyelids. It still makes me sob out loud.

Not just pretty little tears coming down my face, but great, gasping sobs.

i can remember the feelings I had when I watched the Twin Towers fall that morning. The feelings of anger, bewilderment, sadness and then the overwhelming need to avenge those who died.

I read about people looking at things differently now. Yes, I see things differently. I look for escape routes in evry building, every crowd.

I am constantly on the lookout for something "out of the ordinary".

Will it ever end? Probably not.

Will I ever feel safe? I feel safe now. As long as I have my fellow Americans around me.

God Bless America and the people who call themselves "Americans".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home