gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Storm

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Storm

We had damaging downburst winds tonight with 1/4" hail and rain. It was very exciting. It was 90+ today with beautiful blue skies when the sky suddenly blackened (I mean within minutes) and then the rain started and within minutes, we had the hail.

I was outside bringing in our flag when I saw a children's inflatable toy rolling down the highway in front of the house. People were having to swerve to miss it (it was about 4 feet square). So in the pouring rain and hail I ran out in the road, grabbed the toy, hauled it onto the porch and deflated it. Whew!

Then just as suddenly as it started, it was done. It only lasted about 15 minutes, but there are about 300 people here still without power. There are lots of trees and power lines down. Power company says it will be several hours before power is restored to those people. Guess we missed the bullet.

The weatherman just said we had gusts of about 54mph. Yikes! And more coming, so you know I will have my radio close at hand all night!!

1 Comments:

At 5/22/2022 5:08 PM , Anonymous Ralph said...

I enjjoyed reading your post

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home