gsp Thoughts From A Diva: Veteran's Day

Thoughts From A Diva

Random images and thoughts from a misplaced Minnesota Diva trying to survive in Wisconsin.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veteran's Day

This is a big day in our house.

I am a Navy Veteran (1985-1989.
My significant other was in the National Guard.
My son Anthony is a Marine with the 13th MEU.
Anthony's father was in the Navy.
Lucas' father was in the Navy
Meghan's father was in the Air Force.
My brother Kreg was in the Navy during the Beirut conflict.
My Uncle Roy served in the Navy during Vietnam.
My Uncle Dan was in the Navy.
I have several cousins that were in the military.
And I am a direct descendant of men that have served in every war since the Revolutionary War.

Pretty impressive, huh?

So, Happy Veterans Day to everyone out there, and whether you know someone in the military or not, make sure you thank every person in uniform you see.

1 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 1:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too true. Thanks to all who served.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home